About the job
Work With Us
Get To Know Us First!
Freecharge a subsidiary of Axis Bank Limited founded in 2010, is a Fin-Tech organisation revolutionizing Financial Products through technology.
At our core, we- re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel – wow- . At Freecharge, you’ll have the chance to do the best work of your life. We- re on a journey to build something new, something different and something innovative & that requires passion to build such incredible products.
Come join us and shape the future of Fin-Tech.
Do You Make The Cut?
We are looking for an experienced database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of databases instances.
You will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining our company’s databases. This would include maintaining back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances.
Title : Database Administrator
Location : Gurugram
Experience : 2-4 Yrs.
Education : Bachelor’s / Master’s in Software Engineering
* Managing large scale MySQL databases.
* Managing high transactional MySQL databases servicing OLTP and DSS applications.
* Solid understanding of MySQL internal architecture demonstrated experience with MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
* Managing caching servers like Aerospike, Memcached, Redis, etc.
* Managing serverless databases like DynamoDB.
* Project management and customer interaction.
* Work closely with Business Systems Analysts and others to determine project requirements.
* Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
* Reviewing changes to data models and migration scripts.
* Managing both non-production and production database environments.
* Creating, refreshing pre-production databases via methods including restore, clone and data pump.
* Performing general technical troubleshooting and providing consultation to development teams.
Sounds Like You?
* Demonstrated experience with Open Source/Linux development and production environments
* Hands-on experience with designing and implementing database replication strategies
* Strong scripting experience using Shell Scripts, Perl, or Python.
* Experience in designing and automating repetitive processes
* 2+ years working with MySQL technology. Certified MySQL DBA is a plus
* Good team player with strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills
* Able to work under pressure and multi-task
* Experience with enterprise backup and recovery strategies
* Experience in database software management (patch and version management)
Life at Freecharge!
* 450+ FCians, at Gurugram & Bengaluru locations
* Collaboration spaces & A flat and transparent culture
* Wow Corners, fun & reading Zone
* Best learning and development Day-care facility
* Comprehensive Insurance Policy
* Wellness Benefits like Health check-ins
* 26 Weeks Maternity & 2 Weeks Paternity Leaves
* Adoption Assistance Program
* On-Site Parking at all locations
* A chance to have a big impact early in your career