Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Product Managers play a pivotal role in leveraging technology for providing an exceptional customer experience. With the analytical and problem-solving mindset, they get deeper into the function/problem space, work with stakeholders and partners to develop a wider perspective, take Outside-In view of the problems and create a vision, strategy and roadmap of how software can solve immediate needs/wants, setting the stage for the right disruptions/innovations of the future. Once envisioned, they inspire and align stakeholders – business, operations and finance, and through engineers transform their vision into reality.
This role is for a leader product (Group Product Manager) position in the Retail supply chain product team of Flipkart which owns the entire suite of products that help any retailer to procure and manage their inventory. This is a very impactful and challenging domain and will provide a good opportunities for problem-solving, business understanding, stakeholder management, and building platform systems at scale.
What you’ll do:
● Spearhead and manage the product management function for the respective business line.
● Own the product life cycle, which includes defining the product roadmap, working closely with the engineering team on feature specification and making decisions about implementation and delivery.
● Evaluate technologies and identify opportunities to innovate and improve our features and capabilities.
● Be a great storyteller, able to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and path to success.
● Strengthen industry partnerships and relationships
● Hires the right people, build a high performing team and act as a trusted adviser, coach or a guide.
What you’ll need:
● 8+ years of experience in product management, with an academic background of BE/BTech/MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience and Post graduation in Management (MBA) or equivalent.
● Passionate about technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement short and long-term creative solutions.
● Product experience on large-scale systems in software development space with strong data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
● Experience in partner relationships and interacting with engineering teams.
● Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational and business issues with an entrepreneurial spirit.
problem solving, product thinking, stakeholder management, analytics