Amazon eCommerce Selection and Catalog Systems group at Amazon Chennai Center focuses on making direct impact on Selection for Amazon’s Retail & 3rd party marketplace business across markets worldwide. The Selection Expansion team within this group owns end to end processes for discovering, prioritizing and adding new selection available to customers across different markets worldwide. This drives one of Amazon’s core focus areas: providing the widest selection to customers.
We are looking for a leader to manage multiple teams and own overall planning and delivery of services to support multiple programs for the Selection Management Program and Operations team. The person will be expected to be skilled in understanding customer needs, setting and managing expectations, building customer confidence through effective communication, reliable delivery, robust processes, and sound reporting metrics. The person will also be responsible for driving cost reduction (through process standardization and automation), quality improvements (by adopting appropriate audit and measurement mechanisms), and business impact across programs through policy changes and improvements in data quality and service delivery. The individual will also be a point of escalation for multiple teams.
The individual will draw upon solid critical thinking, and problem solving skills and is expected to have strong business judgement and organizational skills. The person should be comfortable working with business leaders at all levels, including senior management. A successful candidate will have a developed skill set in the following areas:
· Demonstrate skills in understanding customer needs and priorities to carry out operational planning and to set and manage expectations with a diverse set of business stakeholders and senior management.
· Prior experience in business data analysis which cuts across customer needs, operational processes & metrics to identify improvement areas through process change
· Design and implement PMO framework to ensure seamless tracking of all the programs and timely reporting of status to leadership.
· Own complete tracking and reporting of program goals, updates on initiatives, periodical business updates (Monthly/Quarterly) and quarterly stakeholder connect on Product mapping Programs.
· Owns end to end of program management of key projects which span across global cross-functional teams.
· Responsible to manage end to end program management of developing the automation solution by closely working with Technology team and ensure adoption.
· Responsible to continuously improve the product features by integrating the learning from users and improve the accuracy of decisions from the automated solution.
Key responsibilities include:
The role involves influencing peers and stakeholders in other functions to achieve functional and business goals assigned. A successful candidate in this role will have the ability to work at all levels of detail to accomplish team/organization goals. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
· Set the vision, direction, and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance, expectations and goals
· Define and execute tactical and strategic plans towards achieving the program vision and goals through efficient program management, stakeholder management
· Work with program, operations, and engineering / product management teams to understand program requirements and jointly develop a solution which solves a larger business problem
· Serve as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolution for complex problems
· Develop team goals and metrics that allow for accurate measurement and traction towards solving a business problem, achieve buy-in from stakeholders and actively report progress on the goals
Should be skilled at formulating, tracking, and implementing career development plans.
· Active participation in hiring and building the team & raising the bar in hiring process
· Develop and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders locally and around the world
· Building a data oriented culture, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve business goals.