At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The Regulatory Platform Technology team within Compliance Platforms is responsible for implementing global regulatory policies and safeguarding our payments ecosystem. Our platforms scale across millions of interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at ways to leverage the advances in technology and science to address our business needs.
We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together. Our tech stack is Java / Kafka / Spark / Oracle / React / Key Value stores.
• Perform high quality software analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance for the core regulatory platform
• Work with Product Manager and Domain Technical Leads to analyze the requirements.
• Design and implement features.
• Follow good development practices and write unit test cases.
• Partner with teams to ensure timely delivery.
• Product development, deployment and support.
• Ability to influence across board.
• Deep knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with a focus on data structures and algorithms
• Minimum 12 years of programming experience in Java/C++ and databases such as Oracle.
• Well versed in understanding the requirements.
• Expert in coding skills with best practices.
• Development experience in Linux based environment.
• Expert knowledge of design patterns and Object-oriented programming
• Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Provide accurate estimation for work.
• Aware of Agile methodology of Software Development Life Cycle.
• Awareness with the Quality standards and compliance.
• Good team player and a self-starter.
• Great communication skills both verbal and written to ensure effective communication across product teams, functions and locations.
• Can make decisions without always asking others what has to be done.
• Experience working with remote teams.
• Flexible to work on any technology as per project demand.
• Open to work on the Live support duties which include monitoring, triaging issues and working on fixing issues on the Live support.
• Experience with design and implementation of RESTful APIs
• Extensive experience with distributed systems and algorithms
• Experience with web front end technologies including server side and client side frameworks such as NodeJS, React, Angular is a plus
• Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) and technologies like Docker containers is a plus
• Experience in developing messaging and streaming systems that span thousands of nodes, i.e., at scale
• Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus.
• Exposure to Hadoop technologies
• Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
• Effective team and individual management practices.
• Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
• Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
• Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
• Ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
• Team-oriented approach can effectively lead team or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
• High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.