ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud?based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We’re growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers’ and employees’ lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.Â®
We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
* As a Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the Performance team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the applications team
* You will find ways to remediate outages or enhance performance on the ServiceNow platform
* You will get to utilize tools like BigData, Splunk, Elk, and others to map out metrics and identify trends on transactional throughput, memory, CPU, job processing, and disk utilization to devise self-detect and self-healing solutions
* You will use database optimization skills to tune the database, add indexes, maintain tables and data, and understand execution plans to recommend better formed queries
* You will work and coordinate between different internal teams (Development, Quality Engineers, Platform, Business Units, Load test team) to reproduce performance issues and perform root cause analysis
* Collaborate with developers to design specific performance testing strategies for features being developed and identify bottlenecks and regressions between releases
* A good performance engineer for ServiceNow should have good development skills to quickly identify performance issues. Hands-on experience with full stack and Java in particular will help to quickly identify the bottlenecks with JVMs, GC, memory leaks, code change recommendations
* Hands-on experience with LoadRunner, Apache JMeter, Neoload, Jenkins etc
* Hands on experience in working with linux performance tools, tuning Java virtual machine
* Ability to communicate at both technical and business levels is crucial for ensuring that an appropriate investment in performance optimization is made
* Good experience in analyzing system architectures using shared resources, CPU, memory, storage, networks and be able to understand/articulate and test by mimicing production test environment
* Be able to conduct tests by identifying goals, key requirements, scalability, capacity and reliability
* Very good at interpreting performance test results using consistent measurements and metrics, identify bottlenecks, read results and interpret graphs, and be able to explain the relationship between queues and sub-systems
* Be able to understand user behavior and scenarios during peak and off-peak times and simulate them in performance environments
* Thorough with SQL commands to identify and analyze the underlying performance bottlenecks around databases
* Understand the workloads e.g.: how to perform log file analysis, run queries and monitor load during performance testing
* Performance engineering experience is desired
* Experience on the developer tools on browsers like YSlow, Chrome debugger, Webpagetest and Pagespeed for client-side performance testing is a good start in troubleshooting techniques
* Work experience with APM tools like AppDynamics, NewRelic, Dynatrace, Splunk, Wily etc. is a huge plus
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* Good knowledge of workload generators like Jmeter, LoadRunner
* Java profiling experience, excellent debugging skills with Heap dump, thread dump bottleneck analysis
* Ability to create, execute and maintain scripts and tools for various testing frameworks
* Ability to work with many different software development teams to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality and stability
* Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams
* Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes
* 5+ years professional experience in performance engineering or software development
* Minimum 4 year Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550 for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.