Meesho is pioneering Social Commerce and is currently India’s top reselling platform. Meesho is used by more than 2.5 million resellers across India to sell products to end customers using social channels such as WhatsApp and Facebook. Using Meesho’s unique business model and technology tools, anyone can become a reseller and grow their business with zero investment in capital and technology. Meesho is reimagining the traditional e-commerce model by building a platform to empower 20 million resellers and take e-commerce to the next 200 mn customers in India.
Meesho is in an explosive growth phase and is one of the growing startups in the world. Meesho is Series-D funded (total funding of USD 220 million till date), and is backed by marquee investors globally such as Facebook, DST Global, YCombinator, SAIF Partners and Sequoia. Capital. You can read more about Meesho’s journey on TechCrunch.
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about solving high impact problems in a fast paced start-up environment with a high degree of autonomy. This is inherently a cross-functional leadership role where you will work closely with teams such as engg., design, category mgmt., marketing, operations, finance, etc to bring a new product to life.
● Market & Customer Understanding: Understand the reselling market and needs of resellers deeply through landscape analysis, customer interviews, user research, competition analysis and other qualitative/quantitative techniques.
● Problem Identification & Prioritization: Adopt a structured approach to identify what problems need to be solved and break them down into smaller chunks. Prioritize what problems need to be solved now vs. later.
● Solution Discovery: Facilitate a process to come up with the best technology-led ideas to solve the prioritized problems. Harness the creativity of not just yourself but of other teams such as design, engg., business, etc. Be willing to experiment with multiple solution ideas and test them using MVPs, prototypes, etc.
● Product Delivery: Define detailed product requirements and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (design, engg. business, analytics, etc.) to bring a product to life. Ensure high product quality through processes such as user acceptance testing, dogfooding, etc.
● Go-to-Market Planning: Create a go-to-market plan working with business/marketing stakeholders to maximize product adoption and success.
● Adoption & Metrics: Define product metrics for your area, and track them continuously. Identify usage patterns and come up with action plans to move metrics in the right direction.
● Roadmap Creation: Create a product roadmap for your area that has atleast a 3-month forward looking view of key customer/business problems to be solved.
Desired Skills & Experience:
● Overall experience of 5+ yrs with atleast 3+ yrs in product management in a tech-led company (consumer internet space is preferred)
● Exceptional problem solving skills based on first principles thinking
● Good understanding of technology, and comfort with product management processes such as A/B experimentation, writing product requirement documents, managing product backlogs, and creating roadmaps