In 2015, two IIT Roorkee alumni – Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur decided
to start a crowdfunding website for the Indian market. But soon enough, they
realized that it is very painful to accept online payments for an Indian
business. That was the eureka moment which led them to founding a new-age,
consumer-friendly, developer-friendly payments company instead; with the
mission to enable frictionless payments and (later) banking experiences for
businesses of all shapes and sizes; and we were born. Over the last 6 years, we
have raised $200 Mn+ in funding from marquee investors like GIC, Sequoia
Capital, Tiger Global, Ribbit Capital, Matrix Partners and many stellar angels.
Today, we process multi-billion USD payments every year, for lakhs of
merchants (businesses) through 200 Mn+ end-consumers. We are the leading
payments provider in the country and have been at the forefront of most major
innovations in the payments industry in India in the last 6 years. With the
launch of RazorpayX, we are building a new generation of banking and lending
products for Indian businesses and are already the leader in this segment.
About Razorpay Checkout Experience
Razorpay Checkout is the core value proposition for Razorpay’s SMB merchants
looking for a Payment Gateway solution. It is the consumer facing product
through which customers can make payments to merchants easily. It provides a
fast and reliable payment solution for thousands of merchants and for over 100
Mn end customers. It is available in different integration-modes such as
through SDK, JS integration, API integration, Plugins (Shopify, Woocommerce,
etc.) and others.
We are now looking to build the next generation of payment experience on
Checkout and build for not just the current 100Mn users but the next 200 Mn
Indian online payers who are new to online payments. The role requires working
with merchants and consumers alike and building a hyper-personalized payments
future on Razorpay.
We have a peculiar product culture that enables us to build products that
customers love. Customer-centricity, Empowerment, End-to-end ownership and
Empowerment are the key pillars that enable this.
Our Product Managers are responsible for owning and driving a critical
product and business problem throughout its lifecycle – identifying &
prioritizing problems, solving them and designing the GTM strategy. They drive
everything about their problem area – from defining the annual roadmap to
running fortnightly sprints; while collaborating with internal and external
stakeholders. Our PMs are empowered to make the right decisions and we
encourage a culture of celebrating failures that enable us to take appropriate
risks in the process.
* Talk to Customers: PMs have to regularly meet and understand customer needs
* Devise Product Strategy: Define both long term strategy and quarterly
roadmap to achieve the product vision and create impact.
* Conceptualize new solutions: Product Conceptualization with a problem
first, data-driven and test & iterate approach. Ensures conceptualization from
a platform and a long-term view. Ensures value-based prioritization of product
* Build products: Collaborate with Engineering and Design to build products
that customers love. Produce high-quality product specifications and
effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver
products and features on time.
* Launch products: Draft and execute a go-to-market plan in conjunction with
Product Marketing. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your
given area of focus.
* Own outcomes: PMs own their problem areas and obsessively measure and track
progress of outcomes through data and insights.
You will be a good fit for this role if:
* You enjoy building consumer products at scale
* You love customer-first & business-first thinking and also understand
* You are comfortable working hands-on in a fast-paced start-up environment
* You take pride in owning and driving customer and business outcomes
* You have an analytical and data-driven approach in day-to-day work.
Energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced
* Problem-solving and detail orientation come naturally to you
* You have at least 2-4 years of experience in Product Management
Besides the best in industry compensation and benefits, we offer the most
impactful & challenging problem statements, a fun and vibrant culture, an
amazing peer group and an opportunity to be a part of the payments revolution