Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Capacity Customer Experience team within CSCP is a dynamic team working with customers across the globe in delivering to the promise of the Microsoft cloud. A solid and predictable capacity experience for customers on engaging with Microsoft and optimizing to protect capacity for high priority customer workloads is key to customer satisfaction and long-term customer retention. The Capacity Customer Experience team is focused on designing and implementing frameworks, processes and systems to engage proactively with cloud capacity customers, fulfill their capacity needs, manage cloud capacity risks, deliver cloud capacity optimizations and analytics for external and internal customers to reliably fulfill customer needs and measurably improve overall customer experiences across all touch points.
We are looking for a passionate, and knowledgeable Program Manager to own and drive Capacity Operations areas in our team and Customer, Region and GEO Global Management aspects for the expanding arsenal of Azure resources that already includes Compute, SQL, Storage, Built on Azure services.
In this role you will work directly with customers to help them plan, fulfill, operate and optimize their Azure resource usage, partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, field, vendors/contractors, Redmond capacity mgmt. Team and customers to drive capacity optimization across Azure datacenters worldwide to ensure best customer experience in consuming Azure resources.
The ideal candidate will have a proven history and solid engineering background, having owned and driven areas on large projects, having expertise in running large scale mission critical 24/7 /365 online services as well as related experience in driving innovation in the operations.
Your deep empathy for customer needs for capacity is an essential element in our ability to overcome obstacles by championing the appropriate business needs and in our ability to deliver to a 100% Customer Fulfillment Reliability (CFR) metric, Enabling First Day Resolution (FDR) efficiencies and greatly improving Customer Pain Time (CPT) metrics.
• Own FTE-driven Operational processes, develop feedback interfaces and track metrics to constantly assess and improve customer satisfaction with the services provided by our Operations team
• Work with partner support teams to revisit and improve operational cross-team processes and SLAs
• Support capacity operations excellence; lead and drive innovation across the Capacity Operations space and deliver high fidelity analytics for regional and customer profiles that help in faster and accurate decision making.
• Support Tier 3 24X7 FTE function for capacity management in addition to supporting Tier 1 & Tier 2 to review and address capacity escalations for customers and handle Sev 1 and Sev 2 incidents for all resources (Compute, Storage, SQL and Built on Azure) and GEOs during non-Redmond business hours
• Define and measure customers experience success scorecard and metrics to drive processes and features with business value
• Explore existing processes and solutions within the org, company and establish partnerships to leverage those solutions to add value to Cloud customers.
• 6+ years of technical and business experience in the following or related areas ; capacity planning, capacity management, capacity optimization, program management, customer and partner communications, efficiency improvement guidance for customers, and cloud capacity management
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Operations, Engineering or related field
• Strong program management experience and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time. An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities.
• Knowledge of development practices to consume data from a variety of interfaces to light up custom business scenarios and strong problem-solving skills
• Proven success working in a complex environment and across a diverse set of business, engineering and operational stakeholders
• Familiarity with data analytics understanding data relations and driving results from data
• Understanding of cloud services, usage scenarios and implementations. Experience working in or with cloud engineering teams preferred.
• Proven experience in running large scale, mission critical 24/7 online services
• Azure Platform or Operations within a cloud service architecture, deployment and configuration
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.