Innovation is fueled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree. It was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky, and ultimately, too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever completed on budget and worse yet, 78% failed.
We’re changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or participate in boot camps to learn how to make an app. Builder.ai
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with a proven history of delivering successful and engaging user experiences. A creative design thinker to help design and build technology that will change a major industry. You understand product specifications and user psychology and drive website / app design development from scratch with a focus on execution. You own the user experience design queries for your product and establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards. The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills as well as be able to bring highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate should be a self-starter and be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
• Translate requirements into engaging interactive experiences that create meaningful product design.
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
• Create wireframes, user flows, sitemaps, user research, persona creation.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
• Adhere to and help evolve the design system
• Keep up with interaction design trends.
• Researching technology trends.
• Iterative prototyping and usability testing with users.
• Analytical and data driven insights that drive design.
• Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi disciplinary team.
• 5 – 8 yrs+ experience in product design.
• At least 5 years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers and product managers.
• Ability to use design methods for ideation and conceptualization with strong visual communication ability.
• Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
• Ability to create, user flows, wire frames as well as pixel perfect design for developers.
• An excellent sense of typography, layout and general design principles.
• Efficient working in Figma, Sketch and associated design tools.
• Knowledge of user research and usability testing.
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
• Strong ownership of the full product experience.
• Experience of working with agile development teams.
• Strong communication & presentation skills (written, oral and visual).
• Previous experience at a startup is a plus.
• Motion graphics design and production is a plus
• Own the design initiatives from ideation to execution for Builder products
• Employ best UI/UX design practices to arrive on final designs in a week.
• Validate designed solutions via user testing and feedback.
• Understand customer needs with in depth research
Life at Builder.ai
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning speed and it’s certainly not for the faint of heart. We celebrate diversity and push everyone to do more with less, while creating and championing a culture that empowers everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale-up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together and savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
Benefits Performance-based bonuses and stock options
24 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays
Generally flexible working hours
A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and have fun while doing it
Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place