Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Job Description: Senior System DBA Admin
● Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
● Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
● Prepare documentations and specifications
● Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
● Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
● Full Database Administration, Like User , Security , Roles , Permissions … Capability to setup MySQL Replication script.
● Database Tuning on demand basis.
● Ensuring that your database is consistent at all times, ACID MySQL transactions are a must.
● Additional Knowledge in SQL Server and UNIX .
● Assisting Programmers in Converting Complex Queries into Standard and prescribed Method.
● 4+ years of relevant experience
● Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
● Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
● Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
● Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
● Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
● Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
● Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
● Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
● Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
● Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
Educational Qualification: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA
MySQL DBA ,
BE (CS), BTech , MCA , ME (CS), MTech