Become a better developer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiencesbig and small, new and familiarthat make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationshipsresulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
The ideal candidate has a track record for driving deeply technical solutions at large scales and with high customer impact. This leader must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results. As a key member of an elite team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as establish the Groupon service platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you are a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of conceptual and practical knowledge who can own problems that require sophisticated analytical or problem-solving techniques in order to identify cause and define a solution.
You’ll spend time on the following:
· Ensuring services integrate into the overall platform in a coherent and performance way, with an eye towards a single platform serving all geographies
· Driving the evolution of parts of the API and overall SOA platform within Groupon’s larger architecture, product design and planning processes
· Work with highly talented teams to execute the platform road-map
· Working deeply with other product and engineering teams to generate innovative solutions to technical and product conundrums
· Developing and executing detailed technical and operational plans for our large eCommerce platform to meet the high availability demands
· Work with architects, engineering managers to define platform standards, including API conventions, SLAs, solutions domains with the SOA
· Defining and execute necessary privacy/data protection controls required to protect customer data and collaborating with all engineering teams to implement and track compliance with these policies
· Work as a Solutions Architect by partnering with engineers and product managers from across the company to clarify and focus platform integration requirements and act as key knowledge owner on how to integrate products into the Groupon platform
We’re excited about you if you have:
· 5-7+ years of related experience at a consumer e-/m-commerce company
· Strong analytical, detail oriented, problem solving, communication and project management skills
· Extremely high judgment and structured thinking to ensure solutions optimize for the highest opportunity areas
· Understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems.
· Experience working with integration systems powering large mobile and web products
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace,
click here for the latest Groupon newsPlus, be sure to
check out the valuesthat shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it.
Hear from real Groupon team members
and learn more about our inclusive employee groups
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and
conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job.
Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and
employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national
origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status,
military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran
status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are
all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If
you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may
email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns
related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact
Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint