Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today with the mission to provide customers world’s best-in-class digital video experience across every platform every device and all geographies.
The Prime Video X-Ray team mission is to build enriching and immersive experiences that provide customers new ways to interact with the Prime Video content. Today, Millions of viewers rely on us to enrich their live game experience with real time game stats, instant replays and watch movies with scene and actors information while shopping directly from prime video. The Prime Video X-Ray Clients team is a new team who’s mission to build bar raising immersive client experiences for live games and next generation video on demand across Web and Living room platforms.
Our vision is to enable customers to dive deeper and learn about the content they are watching on their devices. Our mission is to make Prime Video the best choice for customers experiencing entertainment on Web and Living Room platforms. We deliver Movies, TV Shows, Live Sports Events for a world-wide customer base.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to own and build bar raising client experiences for Prime Video Web and Living Room Apps. This role is one of full ownership for features ? from design to development & deployment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of X-Ray experience on Live Sports, Movies and TV Shows. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation & thinking big is encouraged.
In this role you will:
· Design, develop and deploy new features for our Web and Living Room apps, working with multiple platform teams.
· Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Web and Living Room apps.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Actively collaborate with Product Managers and UX Designers to shape the user experience
· Work in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
· Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the mobile development team.
· Analyse and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints
About the hiring group
X-Ray is the biggest differentiator for Prime Video across other competitors. We provide engaging and useful information to our viewers making Prime Video their primary destination for their viewing needs for both Live Games and Video on demand (Movies and TV Shows). Prime Video in turn help bring in more customers to Prime eco system adding massive value to Amazon.