Software Dev Engineer III
EG Common Coupons Platform is building couponing solution for all EG brands and external partners.
Our company has pushed for “API First” approach for surfacing our Business capabilities to our EG developer community. We will be building out the full stack platform that allows any eCommerce brand to consume our APIs and grow their business by net increment in GBV via our tool.
Couponing is the default need of any eCommerce business and we are building a universal one to empower any travel platform. Our tool is heavily relied upon by merchandising teams to gain booking volume by enticing new and existing customers with attractive coupon offers catered to the personal needs. The platform is highly configurable and supports all diverse fencing requirements to tap customers and meet compliance, approvals, accounting and budgets in place. The same platform has been backbone of EG through pandemic times by helping save cash flow worth millions of dollars.
What you’ll do:
• You will team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving.
• You will seek new technical skills in an engineering area.
• You will share new skills and knowledge with team to increase effectiveness.
• You will understand the relationship between applications, databases and technology platforms.
• You will develop and test complex or non-routine software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
• You will write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions. You will also use software frameworks to write simpler code.
• You will solve data requirements by applying your knowledge of databases and database design principles to solve data requirements.
• You will lead/clarify code evolution in code reviews.
• You will coordinate bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contributes own suggestions.
• You will identify opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
• You will assist with a whole systems approach to analyzing issues by ensuring all components (structure, people, process and technology) are identified and accounted for.
• You will spot areas of inefficiency in code or systems operation and offer suggestions for improvements.
• You will compile and generate reports on major operational or technical initiatives (like RCAs) to larger groups, whether via written or oral means.
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree or Masters in a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience.
• Prior experience as a Software Engineer mentoring junior engineers and applying new engineering principles to improve existing systems including leading complex, well defined projects.
• Equivalent experience includes:
– Developed software in at least 3 different languages
– Maintained/ran at least 4 software project/product in production environments (bug fixing, troubleshooting, monitoring etc.)
• Strong in 2+ of languages and/or one language with multiple technology implementations
• Able to identify strengths and weaknesses among languages for particular use cases
• Able to create API’s to be consumed across the BU
• Demonstrates the ability to select among technology available to implement and solve for need
• Understanding how projects/teams interact with other teams
• Able to understand and design moderately complex systems
• Ability to test and monitor code at the project level
• Understanding of testing and monitoring tools
• Ability to debug applications
• Ability to test, debug, fix issues within established SLAs
• Able to design software that is easily testable and observable
• Understanding of how teams’ goals fit a business need
• Ability to identify business problems at the project level and provide solutions
• Understands how teams’ goals fit a business need.
• Identifies business problems at the project level and provides solutions.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.