Exchange platform is an India-first affordability initiative. The program allows customers to return their old devices and get a discount on the new devices that they are purchasing. Since the program’s inception in 2016, it has grown very rapidly and has become a key lever for Amazon India business. Our vision for Exchange is to enable a customer in any location to avail the best value on the product(s) s/he exchanges to buy a product from any category. In the coming years, the main focus of the program is going to be in the following areas – 1) Provide more opportunities and increase categories for exchange 2) Reach more customers with exchange offers 3) Improve discoverability of Exchange and provide exchange as ingress page 4) Enhance customer experience post exchange orders. In addition to this provide best experience for exchange partners to increase their value and competition which in turn can benefit customers.
Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
As a software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will also play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of efficiency and resiliency related services and tools.
· Position Responsibilities:
· Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.