Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
About the role
At Flipkart, SDE-2 are engineers who create features based on product requirements. You’re expected to design and code in multiple tech components related to your functional area. You’re required to learn the best practices and design principles and patterns to make the code-base maintainable and extensible. You must also develop a deep understanding of non-functional requirements, such as reliability and availability, scale, horizontal scalability, etc. over time and make tech stack decisions accordingly.
We are looking for engineers who are well rounded – quality conscious, product thinkers, business cognizant and smart not mere coders. Engineers get to signiﬁcantly amplify their impact with the scale that Flipkart operates at.
What you’ll do:
● Design components by translating product requirements, break down project into tasks and provide accurate estimates
● Independently come up with diﬀerent solutions, extensibile Low level design. Write modular, extensible, readable and performant code
● Choose the right Data Structures, tools and tech stacks and be able to do High Level Designing with guidance. ● Build, develop, mentor and coach junior team members
● Collaborate with teams by contributing to the shared vision and working closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
● B.Tech or M.Tech or equivalent with at least 3-year of experience
● Build abstractions and contracts with separation of concerns for a larger scope.
● Extensive programming experience in any one programming language like Java, Ruby, Clojure, Scala,C or C++, SQL etc
● Strong object-oriented programming skills.
● Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming
● Ability to work with complex business ﬂows and dealing with huge amounts of data.
● Prior work experience in an agile environment or continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI or CD)
● Experience of building robust and scalable web-application is good to have.
Java, System Design
Years Of Exp
2 to 6 Years