Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Flipkart Search Team is responsible for driving an enhanced customer experience by helping them browse and find the products they are looking for with ease. The team works on a number of problem statements in information retrieval, distributed systems, data engineering, machine learning, algorithms, and search experience. This role gives you an opportunity to solve interesting problems in the area of e-commerce search.
Your role as a technical leader will include activities such as:
• Provide hands-on leadership for teams consisting of top-notch engineers
• Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular and deep mentoring.
• Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
• Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time
• Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
As the owner of your business area, you will be required to work closely with the Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
You will be required to perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 8+ years of experience
• Demonstrated track record of end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software
• Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge, and architecture intelligence
• Superior project management skills to ensure high-quality and timely solution delivery
• Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams
• Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
• Ability to learn new domains and deliver output
Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge