Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? Do you want to work on a team that is changing how people shop with their mobile devices? When words fail to describe exactly what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, photo-based search or augmented reality to view products in their own living spaces.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search team has launched many visual search solutions on the Amazon App. Our solutions use computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images to improve the experience of Amazon customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. However, it’s still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
The Visual Search & Augmented Reality team is looking for a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed software development manager to help build our next generation of customer-facing products. You will bring technical vision and leadership to Amazon’s Visual Search & AR team and ensure that our technology is unparalleled in terms of quality, capability, innovation, and customer experience.
In this role you will:
· Attract, excite and retain top talent in mobile software development and test.
· Engage closely with the team and provide hands-on technical leadership and strategic direction.
· Establish and oversee projects and initiatives that enable the creation and improvement of core visual search and augmented reality shopping experiences for both near-term and long-term applications that serve Amazon.comcustomers.
· Work directly with the senior management team to guide strategic investments in computer vision.
· Build a technical roadmap, set of deliverables, and strategy to ship your solutions to millions of Amazon customers.