The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
As a Build and Release Engineer, you will routinely merge source code between branches in a complex branching setup.
Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, build, integration, release tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools. Develop processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes. Develop processes for, and perform ongoing integration of all open source and third party code.
Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organisation. Influence the team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to the team’s priorities and approach. Make a significant contribution to team planning.
Serve as the point person for all platform and application software releases.
· Create, manage, and maintain build pipelines for code releases.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to deployment builds.
· Manage version control to ensure the most current version of all software releases includes all necessary updates.
· Work with Developers to ensure best practices for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deliveries are met.
· Maintain technical documentation related to stable release versions, identified and resolved bug fixes, and potential issues that may require developer attention post-deployment.