Why Join Meesho?
Meesho is India’s largest social commerce platform, on a mission to enable anyone to start their businesses with zero investment. Our entrepreneurs largely comprise housewives in the age group of 25-45 from middle income households and / or tier 2+ India. Our marketplace provides entrepreneurs with the right supply across 100+ categories, logistics, and payment capabilities to successfully run their business. Furthermore, our social sharing integrations with Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram enable our entrepreneurs to monetize their large social network such as friends, family, neighbours and their larger social network.
We are on a mission to enable small businesses and individuals to start a business online without any investment.
Enable anyone to start their online business, without any investment.
Meesho, along with leading e-commerce growth, is also fueling economic growth by creating a new source of income and novel business profile across India. We have empowered more than ~7M entrepreneurs by providing them an opportunity to earn their livelihood. We have enabled housewives, young mothers, aspiring entrepreneurs, students, teachers and even retired people to launch, build, and promote their online business by creating an alternate distribution channel. And all of this without any investment — a problem that most people in lower income groups face in India.
Meesho is Series D funded) along with participation from Facebook
Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad – Solve for India programme. In 2018 and 2019 (for two consecutive years), Meesho was named by LinkedIn as LinkedIn India’s Top 25 Startups – 2019 and its recent 2021 list in 2020 and was declared as The Young Turks Startup of the Year at The India Business Leaders Awards 2020 by CNBC TV-18.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about solving high impact problems in a fast paced start-up environment with a high degree of autonomy. This is inherently a cross-functional leadership role where you will work closely with teams such as engg., design, category mgmt., marketing, operations, finance, etc to bring a new product to life.
Roles & Responsibilities
● : Understand the reselling market and needs of resellers deeply through landscape analysis, customer interviews, user research, competition analysis and other qualitative/quantitative techniques.
● Adopt a structured approach to identify what problems need to be solved and break them down into smaller chunks. Prioritize what problems need to be solved now vs. later.
● : Facilitate a process to come up with the best technology-led ideas to solve the prioritized problems. Harness the creativity of not just yourself but of other teams such as design, engg., business, etc. Be willing to experiment with multiple solution ideas and test them using MVPs, prototypes, etc.
● : Define detailed product requirements and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (design, engg. business, analytics, etc.) to bring a product to life. Ensure high product quality through processes such as user acceptance testing, dogfooding, etc.
● : Create a go-to-market plan working with business/marketing stakeholders to maximize product adoption and success.
● Define product metrics for your area, and track them continuously. Identify usage patterns and come up with action plans to move metrics in the right direction.
● Create a product roadmap for your area that has atleast a 3-month forward looking view of key customer/business problems to be solved.
● Overall experience of 5+ yrs with atleast 3+ yrs in product management in a tech-led company (consumer internet space is preferred)
● Exceptional problem solving skills based on first principles thinking
● Good understanding of technology, and comfort with product management processes such as A/B experimentation, writing product requirement documents, managing product backlogs, and creating roadmaps