The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. If you are passionate about quality engineering and automation, this is the right place for you to be the leader of the team!
As a hands-on SDET, you will make a large impact on dynamic, fast moving Amazon businesses by improving efficiency and approach to testing. Working backwards from customer needs, you will identify the right sets of tools to build to achieve the best quality and customer experience. You will lead test automation efforts for critical and complex technical projects spanning multiple service teams and Amazon businesses. You will be responsible for driving improvements in test tools, test environments and reporting mechanisms as well as influence the implementation of the right solutions.
As a QA champion on the engineering team, you will own the vision for test infrastructures, build frameworks that allow developers to easily write reliable tests, and invent new mechanisms for ensuring that every change we make can be deployed safely and quickly. You will help solve our most difficult challenges, and you will coach other engineers to foster a culture of relentless high-standards.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong track record and proficiency in building efficient and innovative test tools. They are a pragmatic problem-solver with high judgment who brings an experienced perspective to balance quality and strategy trade-offs to meet the needs of Alexa teams, projects, and products. They will bring clarity to complexity, probing assumptions, illuminating pitfalls with data, and fostering shared understanding. They have specialized knowledge analyzing test procedures, inspecting architectures and developing test infrastructure and tools that provide confidence in product quality.
· Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
· Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
· Providing test infrastructure to enable engineering teams to test and own quality of the services.
· Being a stakeholder of the release to ensure defects are fixed per SLA and end customer experience are protected and improved
· Development and execution of test plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics
· Coordinating with offshore Quality Service team on test execution and sign-off