At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI?s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you?ll belong and be encouraged.
Oracle?s Cloud Infrastructure Group is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and security.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer with cloud services experience to join our Infrastructure Platform team. In this role, you will define, design, implement and support software solutions that automate the management of systems that deliver a cloud infrastructure service of high quality, stability and performance via a continuous integration and deployment model. You will partner with other engineering development teams responsible for architecting, designing and managing systems that support our IaaS platform. Through this work, you will play a key role in increasing the velocity of engineering while still driving quality into the product development lifecycle across all development teams within Infrastructure Platform. Ultimately, your work will ensure our IaaS solution is built to exceed our customers??expectations on quality, performance, and fault tolerance.
As an ideal candidate you will have designed and implemented services that manage the configuration of infrastructure systems in an automated fashion at scale. In addition, you will have a strong understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals and will combine this knowledge with your hands on experience in software development – you will champion creating an engineering environment that embodies the best development and testing practices for delivering a high quality service.
These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast; we are still at an early stage where an individual can have a significant impact. We are working on ambitious new initiatives. If you are passionate about taking ownership of big technical challenges and producing software solutions that have broad, significant impacts – come join our team!
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 4+ years of experience in delivering and operating large scale, highly distributed systems.
* Excellent coding skills in one or more of Java, Ruby or Python.
* Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible at scale.
* Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
* Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts (data structures, algorithms, and programming paradigms)
* You are experienced at building highly available services, possessing knowledge of common service-oriented design patterns and service-to-service communication protocols
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Good working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle RDMS, etc.)
* Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, bash, Ruby.
* Experience with build automation, continuous integration, or continuous deployment tools
* Experience with containerization technologies such as docker and lxc.
* Troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences.
* Results driven; thrives in a development environment that is agile, collaborative and in start-up mode, even when faced with ambiguity.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.