As Amazon India, we are a fast evolving multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. As part of The India Consumer Technology (ICT) group, the Category Experience & Expansion (Catex) team’s charter is to take IN business to the next level by building capabilities that can convert millions of offline customers in India into online customers. This tech team plays pivotal role in Amazon India’s success, with the mission to build tailor-made solutions for each category, by making it easy for customers to buy online. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic products for India and then launch them Amazon Worldwide!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in execution of the product roadmap and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Product and Category Managers at Amazon to define high level requirements and propose the solution designs. You will drive the execution excellence for critical programs that often involve dozens of platform tech teams and at times operations teams.
If you are passionate about executing complex technical programs and launch products with high quality and large business and customer impact, and relish ownership, join our team today!
· Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant top and bottom line impact
· Work with product managers in developing a strategy and roadmap to provide compelling capabilities for offering new services and enable new business opportunities.
· Work closely with principal and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Project management – prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Operational Excellence – monitoring & operation of production services
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.