If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
Who are we?
Amazon’s transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper, while providing world class customer experience from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Amazon businesses continue to experience a rapid expansion into new markets and geographies. Our Transportation Technology division builds complex platforms that manage the journey of a package at all lifecycles. We are at the heart of Amazon’s worldwide operations. Providing visibility of package, containers and network to our consumers, at any point of time, in an accurate fashion, is a technically challenging domain that we deal with. Our mission is to hide the technical complexity behind simple user experiences that delight our customers. Our journey has just started and the possibilities are immense.
What will you do?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
· Work with Internal & External Stakeholders to understand the business processes and workflow.
· Develop functional specifications/requirements documents
· Dealing with ambiguity to discover the true requirements underlying new feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
· Work with both the internal software and operations teams to launch projects and provide ongoing technical support.
· Track/drive the technical aspects with other managers.
· Work within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the available services.
· Be the primary conduit for gathering requirements for enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral as required.
· Work as the product owner and define roadmap in association with the stakeholders
· Drive simplification and efficiencies in engineering and/or complex architectures to unblock innovation and/or speed of delivery within program area
· Manage multiple projects in program area or large challenging projects to meet business and/or organization goals
· Facilitate technical trade-offs between short term team needs and long term business needs.