Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
As a Supportability PM, you will collaborate with a driven set of peers in your mission to improve the support experience of the Azure customer. These can include stakeholders in the business group, the engineering team and within support to get features delivered which move the needle on Azure supportability. These features will ultimately determine whether our platform can have the premium support and tools which the market is demanding.
• Work across teams: partner with support delivery, product engineering teams, and the business to implement supportability improvements for Azure.
• Develop plans, drive execution to results and manage outcomes
• Communicate clearly about projects, risks, and accomplishments on behalf of the team
• Analyze and translate business requirements into clear direction for engineering teams
• Lead customer focused design initiatives for the engineering team to enable better support of customers.
• Manage to plan of record, including escalation and risk mitigation
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
5+ years experience with a combination of the following:
• Experience managing a web service and/or enterprise data centers
• Experience deploying, configuring, operating, supporting enterprise applications
• Experience converging data from multiple data sources – datawarehouses, streams, MDS, azure tables/blob store and other ad-hoc sources.
• Experience supporting an Azure service
• BA/BS in Business or Computer Science
• Leadership – handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams and engineering on complex technical issues
• Strong communications skills – Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and Critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
Knowledge in one or two of the following domains:
• Microsoft Azure Platform
• Microsoft Azure architecture and its components
• Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.