Jeff Bezos, 2016 Annual Letter to Shareholders: ‘India is another example of how we globalize an offering like Marketplace through customer obsession and a passion for invention… We’re also globalizing Fulfillment by Amazon, adapting the service to local customer needs. In India, we launched a program called Seller Flex to combine Amazon’s logistics capabilities with sellers’ selection at the local neighborhood level.’
Jeff Wilke, Oct, 2017 to BS India: ’All the inventions happening here will find their way to other countries. There are things we invented in India that we are deploying elsewhere, examples being Seller Flex and Easy Ship. These are the ideas we have transferred to other geographies.’
Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Do you want to join a team with experience launching Amazon marketplaces in new countries? Are you an experienced and accomplished technical program / project manager excited by the challenge of defining the vision and leading teams in expanding Amazon’s India business? The Amazon India team launched the businesses from the ground up and is making our products work for our customers in this new region. We think big and develop platform solutions that can be extended to other marketplaces and new businesses.
If you have the passion to build products and solutions that will delight the sellers across India and are passionate about understanding the needs of the customers and innovating for them, this is the opportunity.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
· You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution of the Seller Experience and Enablement team
· Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
· You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
· At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
· You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
· You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
· You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design.