LinkedIn is looking for a Technical Program Manager to work within LinkedIn’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) program management team supporting the Search, Traffic, Tools, Network and Analytics & Data Analytics Infrastructure.
The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. This candidate is expected to perform using best practices for scheduling, monitoring, tracking and execution of our SRE projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large scale, cross functional, and company-wide critical programs.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations where authority is not a given. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is essential.
At this level of professional development, the candidate will be able to concisely articulate all of the interactions and factors that contribute to the final outcome.
– Contribute to large scale efforts and Lead and develop SRE/operations plans including application releases/updates, data/hardware migrations, and site stability/performance improvements.
– Define, scope, and track ancillary operations projects including capacity planning hardware procurement and deployment, etc.
– Work closely with the SRE to coordinate and deploy features to production.
– Set up and manage teams with Kanban or SCRUM
– Discovering inefficiencies in our production pipelines and driving solutions to completion.
– Build out roadmaps and resource plans with leadership.
– Partner with Manager+ level leadership on project execution and team efficiency.
– Comfortable interacting one-to-one with individual technical contributors, senior leaders, as well as coaching teams.
– Helping operations teams go from fighting fires to avoiding them.
– See the big picture and ensure processes scale appropriately with the company.
– Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning.
– Manage and maintain project backlogs and ensure forward momentum with project execution.
– Leads efforts to resolve project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
– Manage dependencies between multiple projects.
– Mentors individuals in best practices for planning and execution.
– Develop strong partnerships with technology and business leaders.
– Assess and mitigate risk exposure.
– Assist in resource planning along with the engineering manager.
– 2+ years of full-time program management experience within an SRE or similar technical department
– Experience in managing projects with Agile Methods through multiple teams (Scrum, Kanban)
– B.E/MCA in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
– Good understanding of Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban)
– Strong practical and good theoretical understanding of managing the life-cycle of large-scale programs and projects
– Strong communication skills; skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication
– Attention to detail and good articulation skills.
– Strong experience with software engineering practices and familiarity with coding techniques
– Ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in a large organization
– Successfully traverse tactical and strategic objectives
– Mastery of planning and collaboration tools.
India Disability Policy
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. For more information on our equal opportunity policy, please visit http://careers.jobvite.com/linkedin/India-LinkedIn-Equal-Opportunity-for-Persons-With-Disabilities-Policy-2018.pdf
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice