You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Drives processes and execution oversight for Engineering Teams. Enables Product Engineering team productivity and agility by demonstrating Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate. Focuses on team execution
Member of a product delivery team reporting to TDE director .
How will you make an impact in this role?
Facilitate and Leads the Team Execution
– Drives team/release level processes demonstrating servant leadership coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy.
– Facilitates Sprint planning meetings and other Scrum ceremonies with delivery team.
– Support product owners by ensuring backlog refinement and readiness.
– Ensures dependency alignment across teams.
– Execute the Program Increment (PI) objectives to support the strategy, vision and road map
– Ensure value is achieved by the team on behalf of end users.
– Works with the product owner to develop a prioritize team backlog.
– Collaborates with other Technical Project Managers (TPM) to coordinate cross-team dependencies and other teams within the organization.
– Create metrics driven insights into the delivery and execution of the team using relevant team level metrics.
– Raises impediments, handles risks, dependencies, and resourcing needs.
– Support and encourage innovation through continuous exploration.
– Drive Agile team objectives.
– Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams.
– Measure user story execution.
– Handles external relations, e.g. product or vendor partners
– Assist with maintaining Central applications and disaster recovery plans and resolving information security vulnerabilities.
– Understand the team’s technical platforms and applications.
– Facilitate solution technical alignment discussions.
Leadership and Coaching
– Coach leaders and teams in Lean-Agile practices and approaches.
– Live the Agile and SAFe Values and Principles.
– Encourage diversity of thought and demonstrate an open mentality.
– Foster a culture of trust and leadership in others.
– Champion a learning culture to drive continuous improvements and standardization.
– Respectfully and purposefully challenge the status quo.
– Inspires collaboration and quality practices between system architects, Agile teams, and product teams.
– Provides guidance to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers, e.g. Architectural Runway.
– Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the team.
– Ensures data integrity for the team within the Agile Management tools.
Range of Impact/Influence
– Works in partnership with Product Owners and the core and extended team to build and prioritize the product backlog.
– Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution, and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met.
– Coaches teams to embrace the Technology SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively inspire teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
Internal Education & Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred. – 7+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of growing responsibility.
– Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec. – Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus.
– Agile Certification or Certified Scrum Master a plus.
High Performance Behaviors: –
Ability to influence without authority and gain alignment.
– Ability to facilitate focused discussions to gain consensus.
– Ability to steer and deliver communications to all levels of leadership.
– Ability to drive continuous improvement of the delivery team.
– Builds high trust and creditability within the team through deep domain knowledge of the business and underlying technology.
– Drives the DevOps, CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment) mindset and practices within the team.
– Strong servant-leadership skills.
– Shown ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably.
– Deep understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices.
– Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily.
Technology Skills You’ll Use Every Day:
– Adaptive Communication
– Agile Practices
– Industry and Company Knowledge
– Organizational Change
– Technical Acuity
– Technology Industry Trends
– Collaboration & Partnership
– Continuous Improvement
– Servant Leadership
Role/Strengths You’ll Need:
– SDLC Methodologies and Practice
– System & Platform Domain Knowledge
– Systems Design Functional
– Enterprise and Business Architecture
– Problem Management
– Project Management
– Quality Assurance
– Release and Deployment
– Requirements Gathering and Definition
– Builds High Energy Teams
– Coaching and Mentoring
– Decision Making
– Influence and Negotiation
– Relationship Management
– Business Product Knowledge
– Planning & Organizing
– Problem Solving
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.